Requirements for Consular
REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING A LETTER OF NON-IMPEDIMENT (MARITAL STATUS)
- Sworn Affidavit of Bachelorhood/Spinsterhood from the High Court in Nigeria that proves that the person has never been married before. No Affidavit from the Local Government.
- International Standard Passport
- Proof of Divorce (Decree Absolute), if previously married
- Letters of non-impediment are issued to Nigerian nationals to marry from the Home Office will be required with the rest of the requirements stated above.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PENSIONERS ATTESTATION LETTERS
- Photocopy of proof of leaving service (certificate of retirement)
- Photocopy of Nigerian passport;
- 2 passport sized photographs;
- Photocopy of proof of address in South Africa.
REQUIRMENTS FOR DUAL CITIZENSHIP
- South African ID Book
REQUIREMENTS FOR LETTER OF CHANGE OF NAME
- Sworn Affidavit for Change of Name from a Nigerian Court as well as the piece of Newspaper from Nigeria reflecting the reason of changing the name.
- International Passport
REQUIREMENTS FOR LETTER OF DECLARATION OF AGE
- Sworn Affidavit for Declaration of Age from a Nigerian Court. Not Local Government,
- International Passport
AUTHENTICATION OF DOCUMENTS
Nigerian Documents/ School Certificates, Birth certificates etc.
REQUIREMENTS FOR LEGALIZATION OF DOCUMENTS
- Application (on your company’s letter head) stating your request from the Embassy and list of the products to be exported.
- Certificates of free sale from the Department of State (federal and state) where your company is located, respectively.
REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING BURIAL TRANSIT PERMIT FROM THE EMBASSY OF NIGERIA
- Burial Transit Permit
- Certificate of Embalming and Preparation of Human Remains
- Notarized statement of the Funeral Director (stating that the casket contains only the remains of the deceased and nothing)
- Medical Examiner’s Report (if applicable) if the deceased was killed.
- Notarized copy of Death Certificate
- Certificate of vital Record regarding communicable/non communicable disease(s) should be stated in this document.
- Nigerian passport of the deceased (in case passport is not available, the closest relative should send a notarized letter stating same)
- Burial Order from Home Affairs
- Notice of Death from the Home Affairs
- A waiver for the repatriation of human remains from the Ministry of Health in Abuja, Nigeria.
REQUIRMENTS FOR DRIVER’S LICENCE
- Copy of letter Valid Nigerian Driver’s Licence, National or international licence as well as the original (to be sighted and returned)
REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING EMERGENCY TRAVEL CERTIFICATE
- Formal request letter for the Emergency Travel Certificate by the applicant. Include your current address and telephone number, please.
- Police report or a copy of Applicant’s bio-data of Nigerian Passport.
- 2 passport-size photographs.
- Copy of airline ticket.
- Note: The travel Document is valid for one month only and cannot be used to return to the Republic of South Africa.